Thiruchengode (State Assembly Constituency)

Tiruchengode is a state assembly constituency in Tamil Nadu.

Total Voters:

Male: 1,07,411
Female: 1,10,683
Transgender: 33
Total: 2,18,127


திருச்செங்கோடு தொகுதி அதிமுக வேட்பாளர் மனுத் தாக்கல்

ஏப்ரல் 29,2016,

திருச்செங்கோடு சட்டப்பேரவைத் தொகுதி அதிமுக வேட்பாளராகப் போட்டியிடும் பொன் சரஸ்வதி வியாழக்கிழமை மதியம் 12.50 மணிக்கு தனது வேட்பு மனுவை தாக்கல் செய்தார்.

திருச்செங்கோடு சட்டப்பேரவைத் தொகுதி அதிமுக வேட்பாளர் பொன் சரஸ்வதி கட்சியின் முன்னணியினருடன் பழைய பஸ் நிலையம் பகுதியில் உள்ள அண்ணா சிலைக்கு மாலை அணிவித்தார். மனுதாக்கலின் போது, மாவட்ட துணைச் செயலாளர் முருகேசன், திருச்செங்கோடு நகரச் செயலாளர் மனோகரன், ஒன்றியச் செயலாளர் பாலசுப்பிரமணியன், தொகுதி கழகச் செயலாளர் சபரி தங்கவேல், மல்லசமுத்திரம் ஒன்றியச் செயலாளர் மோகன், பேரூர் செயலாளர் சுந்தரராஜன், திருச்செங்கோடு நகராட்சி 1வது வார்டு துணைச் செயலாளர் முத்துக்குமார் உள்ளிட்ட பலரும் கலந்து கொண்டனர். அதிமுக மாற்று வேட்பாளராக எலச்சிபாளையம் ஒன்றிய அதிமுக முன்னாள் செயலாளர் மகாலிங்கம் வேட்பு மனு தாக்கல் செய்தார்.


திருச்செங்கோடு தொகுதி அ.தி.மு.க. தேர்தல் அலுவலகம் திறப்பு: வேட்பாளர் பொன்.சரஸ்வதி வாக்கு சேகரிப்பு

ஞாயிறு, ஏப்ரல் 10,2016,

திருச்செங்கோடு-சங்ககிரி மெயின் ரோட்டில் பட்டறைமேடு பகுதியில் அ.தி.மு.க. தேர்தல் அலுவலகம் அமைக்கப்பட்டு உள்ளது. இதன் திறப்பு விழா நேற்று காலையில் நடந்தது. தேர்தல் அலுவலகத்தை அ.தி.மு.க. வேட்பாளர் பொன்.சரஸ்வதி ரிப்பன் வெட்டி திறந்து வைத்தார். பின்னர் வேட்பாளர் பொன்.சரஸ்வதி முக்கிய வீதிகளின் வழியாக சென்று வாக்காளர்களிடம் ஆதரவு கேட்டார்.

இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் திருச்செங்கோடு நகர செயலாளர் மனோகரன், தொகுதி செயலாளர் சபரி தங்கவேல், மாவட்ட துணை செயலாளர் முருகேசன், மாவட்ட ஜெயலலிதா பேரவை செயலாளர் வக்கீல் சந்திரசேகர், முன்னாள் மாவட்ட துணை செயலாளர் சிட்டி மதியழகன் உள்பட பலர் கலந்து கொண்டனர்.


Legislative Assembly Election Results

Assembly Duration Winner Party Votes
Fourteenth 2011- Sampathkumar. P DMDK 78103
Thirteenth 2006-2011 Thanngamani.P AIADMK 85471
Twelfth 2001-06 Ponnaiyan.C ADMK 107898
Eleventh 1996-01 Arumugam, T.P. DMK 96456
Tenth 1991-96 Selvaganapathi T.M. ADK 113545
Ninth 1989-91 Ramasamy, V. CPM 53346
Eighth 1984-89 Ponnaiyan C. ADK 77659
Seventh 1980-84 Ponnaiyan, C. ADK 69122
Sixth 1977-80 C. Ponnaiyan ADK 44501
Fifth 1971-77 S. Kandappan DMK 43605
Fourth 1967 T. A. Rajavelu DMK 42479

History of Namakkal District

Namakkal (Fort)

Namakkal is a historic town with reference back to at least 7th century. The name Namakkal derives from Namagiri, which is the name of the single rock formation at the center of the town.Two cave temples at Namakkal were called as Adiyendra Visnugrha (Ranganatha swamy Temple) and Adiyanavaya Visnugrha (Narasimha swamy Temple).These Rock cut shrines were built by King Gunaseela of Adhiyaman clan descendant. Because of his marriage relations with Pallavas the temples were built of Pallava Architectural style during 7th century. Generally, Namakkal is considered to be a Vaishnava Kshetram, and there is no Shiva temple in the town until a few years ago. The rock is enormous – 65 meters high and more than a kilometre in circumference. Over this massive rock, is a fort. The fort over the rock were built by Ramachandra Nayakar, a small king who ruled Namakkal during 16th century. It is believed that Tippu Sultan hide himself in this fort for some time to escape the British. The fort was not built by Tippu Sultan but he occupied it for a brief period of time.Later the fort was captured by British. The front side of the hill is called Thiru. Vi. Ka. Paarai and used by taxis as their stand. Mahatma Gandhi held a public meeting in 1933 in Namakkal under the slope of the Namakkal rock. It is one of the few places in Tamil Nadu, that has not been seriously affected by famine and war.

It is a part of Kongu Nadu (Kongu Desam) region of Tamil Nadu which was hotly contested and coveted by both the ancient Pallavas and the Pandyas. Namakkal was in the hands of Atiakula King called Gunasila who has marriage with Pallava King. Later the taluk was overrun by the Cholas in the Kongu Mandalam .After the struggle between the Cheras, Cholas and Pandiyas, the Hoysalas rose to power and had control till the 14th century followed by Vijayanagar Kings till 1565 AD. Then the Madurai Nayakas came to power in 1623 AD. Two of the Polygons of Thirumalai Nayak namely, Ramachandra Nayaka and Gatti Mudaliars ruled the Salem area. The Namakkal Fort is reported to have been built by Ramachandra Nayakas. After about 1625 AD, the area came successively under the rule of Muslim Sultans of Bijapur and Golkonda Mysore kings and then the Marathas, when about the year 1750 AD. Hyder Ali came to power. During this period, it was a history of power struggle between Hyder Ali and later Tippu, with the British. The Rock Fort in Namakkal is a special feature of the Town. The Fort covers an area of one and half acres of flat surface and is accessible from South-West by a flight of narrow steps. Namakkal was held by Killdhar (Caption) on Hyder Ali until it was captured by British in 1768. For a brief period during late 18th and early 19th century Namakkal was under Tiruchirappalli district of British Rule. Later Namakkal was transferred back to Salem District.

Namakkal is declared Eco-Friendly town, know as an Industrial hub and one of the pilgrimage centres in down south. In the heart of the town a hillock of single rock and a fort on the top acknowledged as a National Monument. the hillock known as Namagiri lend its name to the town. Namakkal is an eminent town right from Himalaya and down to Kanyakumari because of Kavingnar Ramalingam Pillai, the poet and enthusiastic devotee of Namagiriamman, Sri Narahari Aachar and the Mathematic wizard Ramanujar, are born and brought up from here. The hillock also known as Sri Salagramam means the image of Maha Vishnu or a divine stone.


Namakkal District MapNamakkal Area:

Area Sq. Km: 3.420

Namakkal Population:

Male: 869,280
Female: 857,321
Total: 1,726,601

Literacy Rates

Male: 82.64 %
Female: 66.57 %
Total: 74.63 %